Sunday, February 26, 2006

So where's the story?

I have decided to write an amazing story, you know one of those short kinds. So lemme just think of a small plot now. I don’t know why, but I feel like dividing the story into four parts. May be that will, you know, help me come up with a plot which might make some sense to you.

Okay, so now lemme put some brain in bringing up the last part first, coz that’s what goin to matter most in this story. The last part will be the concluding part which will have the moral of the story kind of stuff, you know. Well then, I should better think of some moral first. Ah, so how about this: ‘it hardly matters if the branch is Civil or Comp Science. It even does not matter if it’s engineering at the first place. All that matters is, whether you really like doing what you do at the end of the day.' Do you like doing what you do? Hmm? Can I hear a yes?? Fine. A yes to my question is all that matters and that’s it, nothing more, nothing less.

Well yeah, the moral sounds good enough, and a plot developed to reach a conclusion like this will…..well, it will definitely lead to, you know an ideal sentimental kind of a story which kind of will make you feel so good when it ends (probably with tears in your eyes if you are the senti type like me, eh).

So lemme start with a hilarious tone for the first part. How about a girl not accepting a boy coz you know may be coz she’s in comp-sci and here he is stuck doing civil in the same college? Hmm? Sounds okay? Well great… So this guy is like a looser and this girl wouldn't give a heed to his desires. Yeah, sounds pretty okay to begin with. May be I can have some funny conversations between this civil guy and this comp-sci girl, with some double meaning stuffs which have hidden deeper meanings. Oh great! So the first part will basically introduce to the reader, okay thats you, yeah so it will introduce to you the two main characters. Shall I give them some name? Ok then, lemme call them Gutta and Sim. Yeah, odd sounding names. Agreed. But let it be, I mean any name will anyways work.

So what for the second part.. hmm? May be I will put some farewell senti stuff... (adieu?) Yeah whatever.. May be I should put it something like this, you know where the boy has started believing finally that he is a loser. And the girl, Sim, she has hardly changed. And then there’s one last meeting between them. And on their last day together in college, the girl slightly feels, just slightly, but she does, that she was not really correct in ignoring this guy just coz he was in Civil, I mean cummon ya.

But well, it’s of course too late now, isn’t’ it? She can’t really tell all this now, I mean when they are departing and on top of it when Gutta is already convinced that Sim had always been right. And then they leave.. yeah thats it. That’s what the second part of the story will lead to, my main characters stepping out of the college into their own worlds, the real worlds.

The third part: well… this should be the part, you know where some real story should take place, I mean SOMETHING... may be I will make Sim fly to MIT for higher studies and make Gutta land up with a job in a Civil Engineering Firm and then may be I’ll put it like this: Sim gets out of MIT, takes up a job but gets fed up of her work soon, coz she realizes that all this time she had been doing things which she did not really like doing. The satisfaction in her work was missing. She was like, not at all happy with her work, lost in the real world, confused and you know missing good friends of course. Was she missing that civil guy who liked her so much already? Yeah whatever…

And our Gutta, oh boy, he was like, once he was on field, he forgot all about this department being good and that department being bad and things like that. He was like, finally on field and doing interesting projects. And he was like enjoying all the stuff he was working on. He failed to realize how could any other job be more fascinating than whatever he was doing.. oh common, he was like...oh boy, I love making bridges and dams and all these huge huge structures you know, I really do..well the story’s goin great till now. Aint it? Hmm?

So well, finally, yeah the last part. Well, lemme patch up things now for the reader's delight. So no arbit twists in the tale. Lemme keep the story plain and simple and straight. Gutta and Sim meet finally. How and when? Cummon, don’t bug me. Well, now that you have asked me, lemme think of something…okay I will make them meet accidently.. yeah that sounds fine..

So then these guys listen to one another and oh man, Sim is like, you know she just starts crying (that’s for the drama part) and it’s like all her ego just vanishes and there she realizes the REAL thing that REALLY matters and that’s definitely not one’s branch. All that matters is how much do you love your work. This is all it’s all about. You are not a loser if you couldn't study comp science coz every other rat running in the race wanted to fight for that branch, you know. But you are definitely a loser if you did NOT take civil just coz, no other guy wanted to. Yeah that’s it, nothing less, nothing more. I mean, do I really need to write a story now when this is all I wanna say? Naah, I dont think so..Have a nice time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home