Friday, May 12, 2006

You will love this one!

Articles like this always make me feel happy though I am never sure if I am actually going to be a Civil Engineer after passing out from this place.

This article came in ET today but I couldn't find it on their site and so can't link it. Anyways some facts that would make you aware of the scenario are:

* estimated shortage of about 5000 professionals each year for the next five years
* compared to the total no: of jobs available, shortage could be in the range of 30 to 40 percentage
*about 50% of private colleges do not offer Civil Engineering!! (this one was cool..I love IIT for offering Civil..)
* salaries have increased over 100% in the last five years (thats good news for you!)

1 Comments:

Blogger amrit said...

I realized that I had made a prediction in the last line of the previous blog! See that coming true.. :)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home